Sunday, February 22, 2009

Giving Birth..

We went to the awesome park today. Averly can recognize when we are getting close to it and she gets excited. So today she saw the familiar landmarks that forshadow the park and she said gasped "slide!" and then she said "thank you Jesus! Thank you mommy!" How frickin sweet.

I just read something hilarious, something especially hilarious given the background and history of the person who wrote it. They said (in reference to having a baby) "At least now the hard part is over"..........um, not quite. Giving Birth is the easiest part about having a child. Sometimes I feel like I want to warn people about the perils of having a child, but truly being a parent isn't something anyone can understand until they experience it. I think having a child has been made to look really glamorous. Being pregnant and having a baby does look really fun from the outside. Especially since its a great way to get presents and attention. I had a horrible pregnancy and I still think about how much I would love to experience it again someday.

But then...I remember that after pregnancy and the birth...you have a kid, and I change my mind mostly. Being a parent is hard work. It is literaly a full time job. In fact, its the most full time job that exists. Being a parent means being on call 24 hours a day. It means being responsible for sustaining a human life. Its just very funny that anybody would say that giving birth is the 'hard part'. But I guess you can't fault somebody for saying that if they've never truly been a parent. Like I said, there is no way for a person to even begin to understand what it is like until they actually experience it. But I can promise you, giving birth is not the hard part of having a child.

seriously, if you knew who said that it was hard part, you would laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment