Averly loves to pray. Randomly throughout the day she will be like 'lets pray' and she will fold her hands and bow her head and close her eyes and mutter something like 'thank you for momo, thank you for mommy, thank you for papa, thank you for noni, thank you for princesses, thank you for elmo, thank you Jesus" She says more but I don't always hear or understand it. Sometimes she will insist we stop and pray at times when I should have thought of it-like before we start driving somewhere. Her praying has got to be the most beautiful thing I have ever heard.
In the moms group at church we've been learning about disciplining children the way God commands. Since I have started following God's commands on how to discipline, Averly has been more well behaved and obedient. She's even sweeter, starting to say please and thank you more often. The best part is that she listens to me and obeys me. No, I'm wrong, the best part is that I know what I do now is setting her up for a life of blessings.
I found the coolest park I have ever seen in my life. It is a GIANT wooden castle. It has 3 slides and tons of hiding places and towers. There are also tons of other toys. I can't even describe it and do it justice. As long as it is nice tomorrow we are going to go again and I will have to remember to take pictures. I was more excited than Averly was. I even played more than she did =P
I am going to start going to a Sunday night bible study/prayer group so that should be fun. I will also probably join MOPS.
I should be able to find out tomorrow or next week about my credit transfer. Then I can finally sit down with advisors and get things sorted out-register for classes and such. exciting!
I am so happy that the elmo phase is starting to be replaced by the disney princess phase. Averly insists on wearing her princess coat and she got SOOOOO excited over a princess shirt i bought her. I will just be glad once I don't have to hear "ELMO ELMO!" a hundred times a day.
Been trying to go for long walks every other day. Then to the park on the other days. Hopefully we can walk even more now that I bought new shoes. They are only 5 dollar ones, but they are a pretty awesome pink color, so yay! haha. I will just be glad not to have my converse shoes sqeezing my toes together when I walk.
Its been an awesome week. Got to see Olivia and hang out which was super fun! Then we found that park. And then today was moms group and a walk. Last night lying in bed trying to fall asleep at 2 am I was thinking about how this place feels comfortable, it feels like home. And I was thinking about how SL never felt like home to me. I was never comfortable. Everything there felt like a race towards the end (the end being leaving there). Each day it was like 'lets just get through another day so that I will be one day closer to leaving'-and that was for over a year! So I'm just really happy to be someplace home. To be comfortable in being myself. Being myself is really helping me grow. Thank God I trusted God!
Gone the Way of All Blogs
11 years ago
Im SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy you're happy!! :D and that crazy lady is being..less crazy!! and that she's passing the elmo phase (bella has a new found obsession with 'melmo'..yay..) things have been kind of crazy up here (not super, but it feels like it..dont you hate that? when you feel insanely overwhelmed but theres not really anything overwhelming you?) but i was just thinking, maybe over spring break (or maybe next weekend..i'll have to talk to daniel..) i can get down for a visit. :)
ReplyDelete