This last week went by incredibly quickly. I bet the entire term is going to fly by. My mom is visiting right now until sunday and i can hear her snoring in the living room. I am watching, and by that I mean listening, to an episode of the OC from the first season. For some reason teenage dramas such as that fill me with a weird and powerful sense of nostalgia. It makes me want to...do reckless things. It makes me crave being a kid again. These are just fleeting feelings, nothing I would act on. Its okay to occasionally yearn for the past, only because it reminds us that we are no longer there.
the sermon last week at the church was about the benchmarks of a mature christian. Not looking to the past is one of them. I have them all written down and I WILL write a blog about it because I think its amazingly insightful. I really tried to make myself a part of the first baptist church here, but even with all of my participation I never felt connected. I think its time for me to move on and check out some other churches-Pray about it and see where God leads me.
Because it is springtime...and springtime is so 'magical' it is causing me to crave romance. This is the romantic season, so I know I am not the only one. I have had my guy...'radar'? I guess I will call it, turned off since my last 'burn'. haha , that doesnt make much sense. Basically since the last time a guy screwed me over, I have been avoiding men with effort. That was over a year ago. Now that I am out of Soap lake I wouldn't mind meeting some guys. Even just as friends, to have the testosterone around me. I am not planning on ever actively persuing 'dating' since I believe that God has chosen someone (or no one if that is his plan) for me. Weirdly enough....I think I know who that is. Although...I might just be a crazy person. hahaha i mean, looking back to all of my crushes over the years, I thought I was going to marry all of them. Okay, yes, I am probably just delusional. I guess only time will tell.
Besides that...school is going well. I love having a reason to get dressed. I have to give a persuasive speech next week and I don't know what my topic should be. My daughter is still my favorite person. Sunday is Easter and I am soooo grateful for the wonderful gift of Jesus Christ!!!
My greatest hope is that I can do right by him in my life.
so anyways....HAPPY EASTER!
Gone the Way of All Blogs
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment