Everyone gets so pissed off at people who don't speak english in the US, everyone hates immigrants so much. I'm not on that bandwagon. First of all, the US has no "official" language and only 82% of people speak english.I don't understand why people think that being born in America makes them better than someone not born here. I don't think most people realize that immigrants contribute greatly to the economy, often doing the jobs no one else wants to for very little pay. Everyone thinks they suck up our resources and get government benefits. The truth is that illegal immigrants wouldn't risk applying for government benefits, and in most states you cannot get them without proper documentation. Legal immigrants have the same rights to benefits as any american. Should they really not be able to get help buying food or help with medical insurance? I could get into the bigger question that are food and healthcare human rights and not just american rights? The real problem, if you are worried about the amount of taxes you pay and where that money is going, is government officials. They manage money poorly and thus taxes keep going up. The other problem is lazy lying americans who use up unemployment benefits and other benefits when they don't need or deserve them. I knew someone who was on food stamps because they couldn't get a job (and didn't want to get one) because they wanted to smoke weed all day and couldn't pass the required drug tests. Immigrants are not your problem, and if they are taking your jobs, they are probably better for the job that you are-go apply somewhere else. I will agree that I've been frusterated when jobs require you speak spanish in order to even apply. Im not angry at people who don't speak english (its a hard language to learn, and if they just don't want to learn it, and they want to struggle and be stubborn, thats their challenge to cope with). I think you angry americans, correction, you over-righteous americans need to take a look at the bigger picture and stop blaming your problems on people who come to this country for opportunity. who knows, maybe some day you will need to take refuge in another country. Would you like to be treated the way americans treat immigrants?
So the other bandwagon I'm not on....the "I'm gonna kill myself if I don't get a good grade on this test" bandwagon. We took two tests yesterday and everyone was freaking out. I don't think I did well on chemistry, and probably not so great on my A&P exam, but whatever. I'm not gonna get all depressed and start crying. Tests are just tests are just tests. In the great scheme of life, it doesn't really matter. I don't think a couple of bad test grades could keep me out of dental hygiene school. And if they did, then it was never meant to be in the first place. everyone needs to chill the heck out!
Besides taking those tests, I've been busy filling out my dental hygiene application. I need to somehow get my high school transcripts. besides that i just need to fill out one more thing and I can send it off! yay!
At the cross you beckon me, draw me gently to my knees. I'm lost for words so lost in love. So sweetly broken, wholly surennderred
No comments:
Post a Comment