Thursday, January 29, 2009

And the time has come to say 'see ya later'

Oh jeeeez. I cannot believe how quickly time has flown. We are hitting the road tomorrow and me and Averly will be in our new home by evening! I was quite bummed to find out the ridiculous amount I have to pay for the deposit to my gas company. I am trying not to panic on the money situation and just trust that God will provide (i.e. a job). You know what, I should stop TRYING and just DO IT!

Its like the example in the book HARVEST where the author once had money troubles and prayed for the money to pay his bills. He was really stressed out until some old friends/collegues called and said they were sending him some money, that God has put him on their hearts. The amount of money was the perfect amount to cover his bills. After he danced ecstatically around the kitchen with his wife, thrilled over the way God had provided, God something to him like 'how do you know they are really going to send the money?" and the man answered 'because they are my friends and I trust them" and the God responded something like "And how much more can you trust me than man? Why were you not dancing around with joy last night?". God was saying that the author should have been happy and joyful in knowing that his prayers would be answered instead of only being happy AFTER they were answered. That is what faith is, its the assurance that what you ask for will happen, and believing in things you can't see, including the way God works in our lives.

My mom earlier tonight said that I was brave. "I'm not brave" I said. To be honest, I am really nervous and a bit worried. I'm not scared, because I trust God, but I am nervous because its the unknown. I don't know what things are going to be like, this is completely new to me-everything about it. I'm not brave because I am not really doing anything except going/doing where/what God wants me to. Its just faith. haha just faith?

“I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible. ” (Matt 17:20)

I only imagine what could be done with true complete honest whole faith. I don't feel like I have enough faith, if I had perfect faith I wouldn't doubt for even a second. Although it is an amazing thing to see my doubts contradicted over and over again. It kind of reaffirms my faith each time I worry or doubt and God comes through. Not that that is an good excuse to doubt God in the first place. He's God for cying out loud! There is nothing he can't do!

I don't know when I will be able to get on the internet again. I am hoping that someone near by will have wifi I can jack. We shall see. I can't believe this is happening...well I mean I believe it, but its like whoa! Almost exactly six months ago God told me I would be doing this. Because it took so long to happen I didn't really believe it. I am so excited to find out the reason(s) God is sending me there. I am so excited for this new adventure. There are definitely people I already miss. I am sure God has some new people he has planned to bring into my life, or me into their lives. Right now, its all a mystery-the unknown. But I am looking forward to things becoming more known, and discovering my new world.

I will update this whenever I can. It might be a few days, or it might be a month. Hopefully I will have pictures of our new home to share with you all.

I love you =)

1 comment:

  1. we love you ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we'll HAVE to come visit when we can all get the same days off and have a party :D

    ReplyDelete