Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Party of two

I am watching party of five episodes on hulu right now and it is great. I really miss the almost innocent 90's teen/young adult dramas. Now I see shows like 'secret life of the american teenager' where every other word is sex. ughhh its gross. I miss shows like this that although not completely goody-goody unrealistic, not inappropriate either. Saved by the bell was another fun one, but that was a comedy. I just really miss not having to hear 15 year olds talk about having tons of sex and doing tons of drugs and crap. Even 7th heaven turned into a sex crazed peice of junk towards the end. I don't get it!

Yes, I do write a lot of blogs. I'm kind of a loser, I don't have any real people to talk to so I talk to my blog =P But I guess I will skip talking about the things that annoyed me and blah blah blah tonight.

I will say that I really love thrift stores. I got 2 sweaters, a candle holder, a wall picture, a book, 5 plates, and something I don't remember now for only like 8 bucks! loves it! I am getting so exited! went today and picked out all of our bathroom stuff like shower curtain, towels, soap dispenser. And also got an entertainment center/tv stand thingy (only 24 bucks!) and a bookcase for 16. I thrift store got a cool coffee table for 6 bucks and a chair for 6 bucks, plus some cute decorative stuff! This was in my furniture budget, but I did spend slightly more than I meant to. I also ordered a 51 peice kitchen set from target.com. It was 15 on clearance but ended up being 30 with shipping. But its like 4 tuperware, 2 pans, cooking utensils, silverware, cups, strainer, can opener...pretty much everything we will need. So probably a good buy. I sure wish I knew somebody with a big truck or a few people with little trucks so I didn't have to rent a uhaul. They are expensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment