I really wonder when the time-frame was when people became pessimistic by nature. Why does everyone assume failure before they assume sucess? When did everyone start insisting on being "realistic"? My dad was talking about how he thinks I won't make it or be able to survive when we move. And then tonight I was talking to my mom and she said that she told my brother and he is really scared for me. Which, first of all, I am honestly quite frusterated which my mother for taking it upon herself to tell people that I am moving. It isn't hers to tell, plus I asked her not to tell anybody. Second of all, jeeeez people! My mom also said something about 'there's been times when I thought I was doing what God told me to do" In a really condesending way. All of this really frusterated me. I was stressing out about all of these people knowing, and all of them having negative thoughts about my situation and thinking I don't know when God is working in my life.
Then I realized how ridiculous I was being. My personal relationship with God is just that, MY personal relationship with God. This is between me and him, not me and everybody else. I also got frusterated when my mom said 'it sure would be nice if it was clean down there when you left". Like helloooo dude, I'm the one who does all of the house work. I'm the one who keeps this place clean. I'm obviously not going to leave it a pig sty when we go. I guess one of the best parts about all of this is that I am about to go on my own. I will be able to make my own decisions and live my own life.
So I am learning a new lesson, how to not even let the opinions and negativity of family members affect me or hinder my faith. I'm in this with God, nobody else. I trust him. Thats all that matters. I am really excited! Sometimes in life you have to take a chance. I could sit on my mom's couch forever, in a town that feels uncomfortable and foreign to me, doing nothing with my life, unable to leave my house, totally miserable OR I could follow what God has told me to do. I'm taking a leap, yes, and leaps are scary, but I know I am going to be okay because God will be there to catch me. It's a leap of faith. And what better way to do it?
p.s. - Also, I am prepared in the technical sense. I have savings, a place to live with super nice landlords, I am going to get us on food stamps and WIC, go to the daycare refferral center, interview for some jobs, then I start school in late March and thats when I get my financial aid money. So in case anybody is worried about us...maybe you don't have to be. I am not incapable on my own, I am actually quite capable and intelligent, plus God has my back, so don't worry =) Be happy! (seriously, be happy for us! haha).
Gone the Way of All Blogs
11 years ago
i'm happy for you :) we'll sure miss you though!!
ReplyDelete